Fallen tree damages roof and porch of house
A roof of a house was damaged by a falling tree which also took down a power line.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to an incident on the A145 near Henham at 7.30am this morning to find that a tree had been blown over by high winds.
The tree caused damage to a residential property's roof and minor damage to the house's porch.
It is not blocking the road but drivers are still being advised to take care on the roads due to ice and snow and strong winds.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: 'UK Power Networks attended a property in Henham this morning to support the emergency services and make safe a power line feeding a house after it was damaged by a tree.
You may also want to watch:
'No other customers' supplies were affected by the incident.'
Power outages in Suffolk had affected over 700 homes across the county yesterday, with more than 200 affected in Norfolk..
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 7 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 8 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 9 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 10 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage