Fallen tree damages roof and porch of house
A roof of a house was damaged by a falling tree which also took down a power line.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to an incident on the A145 near Henham at 7.30am this morning to find that a tree had been blown over by high winds.
The tree caused damage to a residential property's roof and minor damage to the house's porch.
It is not blocking the road but drivers are still being advised to take care on the roads due to ice and snow and strong winds.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: 'UK Power Networks attended a property in Henham this morning to support the emergency services and make safe a power line feeding a house after it was damaged by a tree.
You may also want to watch:
'No other customers' supplies were affected by the incident.'
Power outages in Suffolk had affected over 700 homes across the county yesterday, with more than 200 affected in Norfolk..
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 9 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?