Fallen tree causes problems in Oulton Broad
A PREMATURE bout of wintry weather caused problems for travellers yesterday (Monday).
Poor conditions are expected to continue today as showers and cold winds persist across the region.
Chilly northerly winds have sent temperatures plummeting in the last few days – and more of the same is forecast for the rest of the week.
Sudden bursts of rain and high winds caused travel problems yesterday, both on the roads and the rails.
A fallen tree caused an obstruction yesterday evening at Oulton Broad South, leading to lengthy delays of up to 45 minutes on trains between Ipswich and Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 4 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 5 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 6 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 10 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach