Fallen tree causes problems in Oulton Broad
A PREMATURE bout of wintry weather caused problems for travellers yesterday (Monday).
Poor conditions are expected to continue today as showers and cold winds persist across the region.
Chilly northerly winds have sent temperatures plummeting in the last few days – and more of the same is forecast for the rest of the week.
Sudden bursts of rain and high winds caused travel problems yesterday, both on the roads and the rails.
A fallen tree caused an obstruction yesterday evening at Oulton Broad South, leading to lengthy delays of up to 45 minutes on trains between Ipswich and Lowestoft.
- 1 Care home builds 'shopping lane' to promote resident independence
- 2 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 3 Vehicle parked outside Lowestoft home targeted by vandals
- 4 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 5 Safety fears over street lighting not working for last two years
- 6 Lowestoft man arrested 200 miles from home after police hunt
- 7 Two e-scooters and cannabis seized in Lowestoft
- 8 White van stolen from outside home in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft to benefit from £163m of projects, but where will the money go?
- 10 Boys, 16 and 13, admit stealing moped prior to crash