Search

Family evacuated after house fire caused by boiler

PUBLISHED: 10:31 25 April 2018 | UPDATED: 10:37 25 April 2018

A family have been evacuated. Photo: Denise Bradley

A family have been evacuated. Photo: Denise Bradley

Archant

A family have been evacuated from the council house following a boiler fire.

The fire and rescue service attended the fire in a property in Oliver Close, Carlton Colville, after receiving the call at 9.28am this morning.

The electricity board were required to attend to isolate the external electricity supply, and a housing officer from Waveney District Council was called as the house was not habitable for the family and to find alternative accommodation for the residents.

The fire was out by 10.02am after being attended to by two crews from Lowestoft South.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal