Family evacuated after house fire caused by boiler

A family have been evacuated. Photo: Denise Bradley

A family have been evacuated. Photo: Denise Bradley - Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017

A family have been evacuated from the council house following a boiler fire.

The fire and rescue service attended the fire in a property in Oliver Close, Carlton Colville, after receiving the call at 9.28am this morning.

The electricity board were required to attend to isolate the external electricity supply, and a housing officer from Waveney District Council was called as the house was not habitable for the family and to find alternative accommodation for the residents.

The fire was out by 10.02am after being attended to by two crews from Lowestoft South.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus