Family’s baby unit fundraiser
A LOWESTOFT family is set to hold a special charity fundraising event next month.
There will be entertainment for everyone, with a charity line-dancing event, music from Lowrider and Christmas party evening, at Lowestoft Town Football Club headquarters at Crown Meadow in Love Road on Friday, December 10.
Martin Burnell, of Selby Street, has worked tirelessly in recent weeks to promote the event, which has been organised in memory of his three-month-old granddaughter Honeyrose, who was the tragic victim of a cot death in March last year.
Working with the Trailblazers group and the family, all proceeds from the special evening of entertainment will go to the James Paget University Hospital intensive care baby unit in Gorleston.
The fun starts at 8pm and runs through to midnight, with a raffle and the choice of seven different meals – all available for �6.50 a ticket.
You may also want to watch:
Last year's inaugural fundraising event raised �1,500 for a baby monitor for the hospital, and Mr Burnell aims to raise �15,000 for the hospital so it can purchase an incubator.
l Tickets are available from the Lowewstoft Town FC clubhouse, or by contacting Denise from the Trailblazers linedance group on 01493 782405.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
l If anyone can provide any raffle prizes, please contact Mr Burnell on 07900 926 441.