Family’s baby unit fundraiser
A LOWESTOFT family is set to hold a special charity fundraising event next month.
There will be entertainment for everyone, with a charity line-dancing event, music from Lowrider and Christmas party evening, at Lowestoft Town Football Club headquarters at Crown Meadow in Love Road on Friday, December 10.
Martin Burnell, of Selby Street, has worked tirelessly in recent weeks to promote the event, which has been organised in memory of his three-month-old granddaughter Honeyrose, who was the tragic victim of a cot death in March last year.
Working with the Trailblazers group and the family, all proceeds from the special evening of entertainment will go to the James Paget University Hospital intensive care baby unit in Gorleston.
The fun starts at 8pm and runs through to midnight, with a raffle and the choice of seven different meals – all available for �6.50 a ticket.
Last year's inaugural fundraising event raised �1,500 for a baby monitor for the hospital, and Mr Burnell aims to raise �15,000 for the hospital so it can purchase an incubator.
l Tickets are available from the Lowewstoft Town FC clubhouse, or by contacting Denise from the Trailblazers linedance group on 01493 782405.
- 1 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 2 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 3 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?
- 4 Clean up operation after potato slurry spill in Lowestoft
- 5 Where will new homes be built in Lowestoft?
- 6 Popular bookstore looking ahead to next new chapter in Lowestoft
- 7 Work begins on demountable flood gate in Lowestoft
- 8 Care home builds 'shopping lane' to promote resident independence
- 9 Lowestoft man arrested 200 miles from home after police hunt
- 10 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
l If anyone can provide any raffle prizes, please contact Mr Burnell on 07900 926 441.