Fans were a credit to Lowestoft
I WENT to Wembley to watch the FA Vase Final in 2008.As I live about an hour from Wrexham I travelled to see Lowestoft Town play on Saturday.What great support they had from the travelling fans.
I WENT to Wembley to watch the FA Vase Final in 2008.
As I live about an hour from Wrexham I travelled to see Lowestoft Town play on Saturday.
What great support they had from the travelling fans. They outsang the small Wrexham crowd and the atmosphere was brilliant.
The lads fought well to keep the Wrexham strikers at bay and in the second half I did think they might just get the draw they deserved.
Hard luck boys, you did Lowestoft proud.
What was also nice was, at the end, Lowestoft fans standing close by, faced the opposing crowd and applauded them. That was a nice touch I have not seen when going to Wigan, Manchester City and Everton grounds.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 3 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 4 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 5 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 6 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 7 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 8 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 9 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 10 Over 120 free events planned for return of country's biggest heritage event
I was amused by the match programme giving details of Lowestoft just in case of a replay. It says those thinking of travelling by train should simply forget it as it could take up to a week to get there and back.
Crown Meadow is located on the outskirts of Lowestoft. It gives the car route as most efficient, down the M6, onto A14 then off at A11 to Norwich. Join the A47. Join the A12, etc. Goodness knows how far out of the way these poor fans would have come. But they would have ended up going down Beresford Road. What fun that would have been - in a coach. It has taken me six hours from Junction 17 of the M6 to reach Lowestoft, so they would have only had to stay the night.