Fans were a credit to Lowestoft
I WENT to Wembley to watch the FA Vase Final in 2008.As I live about an hour from Wrexham I travelled to see Lowestoft Town play on Saturday.What great support they had from the travelling fans.
I WENT to Wembley to watch the FA Vase Final in 2008.
As I live about an hour from Wrexham I travelled to see Lowestoft Town play on Saturday.
What great support they had from the travelling fans. They outsang the small Wrexham crowd and the atmosphere was brilliant.
The lads fought well to keep the Wrexham strikers at bay and in the second half I did think they might just get the draw they deserved.
You may also want to watch:
Hard luck boys, you did Lowestoft proud.
What was also nice was, at the end, Lowestoft fans standing close by, faced the opposing crowd and applauded them. That was a nice touch I have not seen when going to Wigan, Manchester City and Everton grounds.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 4 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 5 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 6 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 7 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 8 'My life as a young carer' - Woman's new book aims to support others
- 9 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 10 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
I was amused by the match programme giving details of Lowestoft just in case of a replay. It says those thinking of travelling by train should simply forget it as it could take up to a week to get there and back.
Crown Meadow is located on the outskirts of Lowestoft. It gives the car route as most efficient, down the M6, onto A14 then off at A11 to Norwich. Join the A47. Join the A12, etc. Goodness knows how far out of the way these poor fans would have come. But they would have ended up going down Beresford Road. What fun that would have been - in a coach. It has taken me six hours from Junction 17 of the M6 to reach Lowestoft, so they would have only had to stay the night.