Fantastic beach shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photograph of a dog silhouetted against the sea was taken by 31-year-old Hayley King at Pakefield Beach.
Originally from Pakefield, Ms King, who now lives in Cambridge, captured the image during a visit home on Sunday, July 23.
'The photo was taken when my mum, dad and I went for a walk along the beach from Pakefield to Kessingland - a walk we do a lot,' she said.
'I took several photos on the day. This image summed up what I love so much about Pakefield and reminded me of just how Sundays should be; restful, calm and time spent with those you love.'
As our winner, Ms King receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 3 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 School hails success of open evening as families return to the classroom
- 10 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles