Fantastic beach shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photograph of a dog silhouetted against the sea was taken by 31-year-old Hayley King at Pakefield Beach.
Originally from Pakefield, Ms King, who now lives in Cambridge, captured the image during a visit home on Sunday, July 23.
'The photo was taken when my mum, dad and I went for a walk along the beach from Pakefield to Kessingland - a walk we do a lot,' she said.
'I took several photos on the day. This image summed up what I love so much about Pakefield and reminded me of just how Sundays should be; restful, calm and time spent with those you love.'
As our winner, Ms King receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary