Fantastic beach shot wins The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This beautiful photograph of a dog silhouetted against the sea was taken by 31-year-old Hayley King at Pakefield Beach.
Originally from Pakefield, Ms King, who now lives in Cambridge, captured the image during a visit home on Sunday, July 23.
'The photo was taken when my mum, dad and I went for a walk along the beach from Pakefield to Kessingland - a walk we do a lot,' she said.
'I took several photos on the day. This image summed up what I love so much about Pakefield and reminded me of just how Sundays should be; restful, calm and time spent with those you love.'
As our winner, Ms King receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 4 Staggering response to ‘Relight my fire’ campaign
- 5 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 6 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Missing pregnant woman found
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval