Fantastic photo of a seal pup on Lowestoft beach wins the Journal’s Picture of the Week competition
- Credit: Archant
This remarkable photograph of a seal pup was taken by 78-year-old Sid Cole, of Lowestoft.
He captured the image on his Canon 7D Mark II camera on Monday while standing on Lowestoft South Pier.
Mr Cole said: 'I had been out early to see if I could get some sunrise shots.
'I went on to the pier to take photos along the coastline when I saw the pup on the sand below.
'As soon as I pointed the camera it looked up and seemed most interested in what I was doing.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Sid receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes