Fantastic photo of a seal pup on Lowestoft beach wins the Journal’s Picture of the Week competition
- Credit: Archant
This remarkable photograph of a seal pup was taken by 78-year-old Sid Cole, of Lowestoft.
He captured the image on his Canon 7D Mark II camera on Monday while standing on Lowestoft South Pier.
Mr Cole said: 'I had been out early to see if I could get some sunrise shots.
'I went on to the pier to take photos along the coastline when I saw the pup on the sand below.
'As soon as I pointed the camera it looked up and seemed most interested in what I was doing.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Sid receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 8 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 9 Students surprise care home residents as part of community project
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown