Fantastic photo of a seal pup on Lowestoft beach wins the Journal’s Picture of the Week competition
- Credit: Archant
This remarkable photograph of a seal pup was taken by 78-year-old Sid Cole, of Lowestoft.
He captured the image on his Canon 7D Mark II camera on Monday while standing on Lowestoft South Pier.
Mr Cole said: 'I had been out early to see if I could get some sunrise shots.
'I went on to the pier to take photos along the coastline when I saw the pup on the sand below.
'As soon as I pointed the camera it looked up and seemed most interested in what I was doing.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Sid receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
Entries can be of any subject, but they must be digital images.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft