Fantastic photo of a squirrel wins The Journal’s weekly competition
- Credit: Hayley King
This close-up photograph of a squirrel was taken by 31-year-old Hayley King, who lives Cambridge where she works as a junior sister at Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Originally from Pakefield, Ms King captured the image on her Canon Powershot camera on March 27 during a midweek break at Centre Parcs in Elveden.
'Each week I view the winning entries of the Picture of the Week on The Journal website and really enjoy seeing the stunning photos that other people have managed to capture,' she said.
'His folded over ears made him easily recognisable among all the other squirrels and he soon became my favourite as he would cheekily come into the living room of the lodge making himself right at home.
'Over the course of four days he became really tame, so much so that he would eat out my hand. I took countless number of photos of him but particularly love this one as he looks so adorable as he feasts on a nut that I had just given him.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Hayley receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?