Fantastic photograph of Southwold Pier wins The Journals’ Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This fantastic photograph of Southwold Pier was taken by Richard Gowen from Lowestoft.
The 36-year-old captured the image on Southwold beach using his Canon 5d Mark II camera on January 21.
He said: 'I had to wait around in the freezing cold and bitter wind for the sun to come up and had decided to climb carefully onto the rocks to get the shot I wanted.
'It's always great to win as there are always some great winners. I chose this image to enter as I really liked the colours in the rocks and the sky.'
As our winner, Mr Gowen receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
Email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 5 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out
- 10 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub