Fantastic photograph of Southwold Pier wins The Journals’ Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This fantastic photograph of Southwold Pier was taken by Richard Gowen from Lowestoft.
The 36-year-old captured the image on Southwold beach using his Canon 5d Mark II camera on January 21.
He said: 'I had to wait around in the freezing cold and bitter wind for the sun to come up and had decided to climb carefully onto the rocks to get the shot I wanted.
'It's always great to win as there are always some great winners. I chose this image to enter as I really liked the colours in the rocks and the sky.'
As our winner, Mr Gowen receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
Email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Calls for netting to be removed after red-listed birds die
- 2 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 6 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 7 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 10 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting