Fantastic photograph of Southwold Pier wins The Journals’ Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This fantastic photograph of Southwold Pier was taken by Richard Gowen from Lowestoft.
The 36-year-old captured the image on Southwold beach using his Canon 5d Mark II camera on January 21.
He said: 'I had to wait around in the freezing cold and bitter wind for the sun to come up and had decided to climb carefully onto the rocks to get the shot I wanted.
'It's always great to win as there are always some great winners. I chose this image to enter as I really liked the colours in the rocks and the sky.'
As our winner, Mr Gowen receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
Email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 8 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 9 Students surprise care home residents as part of community project
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown