Fantastic photograph of Southwold Pier wins The Journals’ Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This fantastic photograph of Southwold Pier was taken by Richard Gowen from Lowestoft.
The 36-year-old captured the image on Southwold beach using his Canon 5d Mark II camera on January 21.
He said: 'I had to wait around in the freezing cold and bitter wind for the sun to come up and had decided to climb carefully onto the rocks to get the shot I wanted.
'It's always great to win as there are always some great winners. I chose this image to enter as I really liked the colours in the rocks and the sky.'
As our winner, Mr Gowen receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
Email pictures to email@example.com
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 10 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park