Fantastic shot of a kingfisher wins this week’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This fantastic photograph of a kingfisher at Hen Reedbeds, Reydon, was captured by 48-year-old Richard Tomsett of Oulton Broad.
Mr Tomsett explained: 'I noticed a kingfisher fishing directly in front of me from a post about 25 metres away. It was case of willing the sun to rise as quick as possible before it flew off to get the shot.
'Luckily for me the sun came up creating fantastic early morning light illuminating the scene and I got my shot.'
He added: 'I concentrate on wildlife as you can't predict what's going to happen. It's a bit like fishing, your can sit there for hours and nothing, then all of a sudden something appears in the camera and you might have seconds to react.
'I love the adrenaline buzz when you get a great photo.'
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mr Tomsett receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 7 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 8 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 9 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft