Fearsome fun at festival
SEVERAL hundred people are planning to take to the water on Sunday for the fourth East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival.The event, to raise money for the East Anglia's Children's Hospices, takes place at Oulton Broad.
SEVERAL hundred people are planning to take to the water on Sunday for the fourth East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival.
The event, to raise money for the East Anglia's Children's Hospices, takes place at Oulton Broad.
Crews will race the 30ft brightly painted Chinese dragon boats, three at a time, over a 200m course alongside Nicholas Everitt Park, watched by spectators.
As well as races taking place every 10 minutes throughout the day between 10am and 4pm, there will be family entertainment on the bank, including an inflatable climbing wall, rodeo bull, human demolition, face painter and fun fair rides. And the Wing Chun Kung Fu group will be performing a lion dance at noon and 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft-based Venue of Performing Arts will be performing three shows during the day at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
The Everitt Park caf� will be serving food and refreshments and there will be a beer tent, hog roast, crepes, coffee, smoothies, wraps and toasted sandwiches.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
The festival is free to spectators and there is plenty of onsite pay and display parking at Nicholas Everitt Park.