Fearsome fun at festival
SEVERAL hundred people are planning to take to the water on Sunday for the fourth East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival.The event, to raise money for the East Anglia's Children's Hospices, takes place at Oulton Broad.
SEVERAL hundred people are planning to take to the water on Sunday for the fourth East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival.
The event, to raise money for the East Anglia's Children's Hospices, takes place at Oulton Broad.
Crews will race the 30ft brightly painted Chinese dragon boats, three at a time, over a 200m course alongside Nicholas Everitt Park, watched by spectators.
As well as races taking place every 10 minutes throughout the day between 10am and 4pm, there will be family entertainment on the bank, including an inflatable climbing wall, rodeo bull, human demolition, face painter and fun fair rides. And the Wing Chun Kung Fu group will be performing a lion dance at noon and 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft-based Venue of Performing Arts will be performing three shows during the day at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
The Everitt Park caf� will be serving food and refreshments and there will be a beer tent, hog roast, crepes, coffee, smoothies, wraps and toasted sandwiches.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 6 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 7 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
The festival is free to spectators and there is plenty of onsite pay and display parking at Nicholas Everitt Park.