Festival patron Emma Freud to make welcome return to Southwold
- Credit: Archant
Southwold Arts Festival's patron Emma Freud will return to the festival on Friday, July 3 at St Edmunds Hall as her mother, Jill Freud, will be appearing with some special friends to entertain with words, laughter and music.
Emma Freud OBE, the great granddaughter of psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, is perhaps best known for her inspirational work with Comic Relief but she is also remembered for her script editing with partner Richard Curtis on Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill and the Vicar of Dibley.
RADA actress Jill has had a long and successful career and in 2001 she received an Honorary Doctorate from the University of East Anglia for services to the theatre.
As a child, she was also the inspiration for CS Lewis's character Lucy in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Amongst those appearing with her at the 2015 Festival will be singer and theatre producer Jacqui Coghlan, actor, scriptwriter and Herr Flick in 'Allo 'Allo Richard Gibson and television presenter and actress best known for playing Mrs Miggins in Blackadder, Helen Atkinson-Wood.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy director Chris Ure said: 'It is a particular joy for the festival team to have Jill Freud taking part in this year's festival and it promises to be a hugely popular event.'
Jill Freud and Friends is at 2.30 pm on Friday, July 3. Tickets are £7.50 and are available online at southwoldartsfestival.co.uk or by phone on 01502 722572. The Box Office at St Edmunds Hall is open Monday to Saturday from 12pm to 3pm.
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 8 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 9 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 10 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure