Popular carols around the Christmas tree event to return to Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
A popular festive tradition will return this weekend as carols will be sung around the Christmas tree.
The Friends of Nicholas Everitt Park (FONEP) will be organising the annual carols around the Christmas tree event.
Festive fun will attract the crowds to The Boulevard in Bridge Road, Oulton Broad this Sunday, December 10 as traditional carols echo out around the broad.
Starting at 2.30pm, there will also be a fundraising stall and refreshments available, with the carol service running from 4pm to 5pm.
Musicians from St Mark's church will be involved in the event, with singing from the local Brownies and Guides groups and a solo performance.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: 'Come along for some mulled wine and a mince pie but please wrap up warm and bring a torch as this is an open-air event.
'Carol sheets will be provided so you can join in the singing.'
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 7 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man