Festive spirit set to grace Southwold at traditional Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The festive season will officially get under way in Southwold as the town switches on its Christmas lights.
Southwold high street will be closed from 2pm on Saturday, November 25, and local people will be kept busy throughout the afternoon with a host of Christmas stalls.
There will also be live entertainment with performances from local ukelele and samba bands.
Then, at 5pm, Father Christmas himself will take up his position on the Town Hall balcony and push the button to illuminate the town centre.
Amongst the names to have joined Father Christmas on the balcony over the years is James Bolam, who starred alongside the late Rodney Bewes in The Likely Lads.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the traditional switch-on, the festive programme in Southwold will continue with a carol service at St Edmunds Church from 6pm on Sunday, December 17.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 6 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft