Finalists chosen for Carnival Queen
THERE are 24 finalists who are taking part in The Journal's Carnival Queen competition, next Friday evening.One of these girls will be chosen by a panel of judges, along with two attendants at the Marina Theatre, in Lowestoft, to represent the newspaper and the town over the next 12 months.
THERE are 24 finalists who are taking part in The Journal's Carnival Queen competition, next Friday evening.
One of these girls will be chosen by a panel of judges, along with two attendants at the Marina Theatre, in Lowestoft, to represent the newspaper and the town over the next 12 months.
The winner's duties include a focal part at this year's carnival parade on Sunday, August 10, as well as receiving VIP treatment at the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival, where she will receive VIP entry to the grandstand to watch the activities on Thursday, July 24, as well as an invitation to the gala ball, where she will play an integral part in drawing the various raffle prizes.
There's nearly £3,500 of gifts up for grabs for the top three girls.
You may also want to watch:
For the carnival queen alone there's a break at Parc Asterix, near Paris, courtesy of Pleasurewood Hills; £300 of vouchers to spend at di-lusso in London Road South; a free modelling portfolio taken by Picture Studios, in London Road North; a bespoke piece of jewellery made by www.beadelicious-online.co.uk worth £100; and Boots, in London Road North, have just added £100 of No 7 Protect and Perfect products.
They are also joining up with Clinique to offer the winner and two runners up a free make-over using Clinique products.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
Other prizes for all three include cash prizes from The Journal; vouchers to spend at Match Clothing and Chadds; gym memberships from Nirvana Health and Leisure; and a pampering day courtesy of the Beauty Lounge, in Suffolk Road, on the day of the carnival.
All profits from the event will go to the James Paget Palliative Care Unit and the entertainment will be provided by singer Kerry Kennedy.
Tickets, priced at £5, are still available from the Marina box office by calling 01502 533200. Everyone who buys a ticket will be entitled to exchange it after the evening for a free portrait sitting at Picture Studios, worth £11.95.
To see the photographs of all the finalists pick up your Journal today.