Find out how to enter Lowestoft in Bloom competition
- Credit: Archant
There is not long left to enter this year's Lowestoft in Bloom competition, which closes on June 28.
Residents are being reminded to submit their entry forms by the closing date in preparation for the Anglia in Bloom judges arriving in the town on July 8.
The competition is in its 19th year and the organisers are confident of doubling their entries this time around with more support required.
Lowestoft in Bloom spokesman David Banks, 64, said: 'This year's theme for the scarecrows is Alice in Wonderland. We are hoping, like last year, that the schools and care homes will enter because the standard last year was incredible.
'The committee wants to show the Anglia in Bloom judges what a high standard Lowestoft gardeners have to offer,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'The judges are given a route set by the committee, we have to choose a route that ticks all the criteria boxes, as an example recycling. The route is timed, we have three hours give or take a few minutes.
'It is hard sometimes to sort a route to cover what they want, traffic being a problem, but, we manage to do it.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 7 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 8 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 9 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
Lowestoft in Bloom is a registered charity and is run by a small committee of dedicated members who all give their time freely and without reward.
To enter the competition, download the entry form from lowestoft.webplus.net or collect a form from the Lowestoft Journal office.
Alternatively email email@example.com