Find out how to enter Lowestoft in Bloom competition
- Credit: Archant
There is not long left to enter this year's Lowestoft in Bloom competition, which closes on June 28.
Residents are being reminded to submit their entry forms by the closing date in preparation for the Anglia in Bloom judges arriving in the town on July 8.
The competition is in its 19th year and the organisers are confident of doubling their entries this time around with more support required.
Lowestoft in Bloom spokesman David Banks, 64, said: 'This year's theme for the scarecrows is Alice in Wonderland. We are hoping, like last year, that the schools and care homes will enter because the standard last year was incredible.
'The committee wants to show the Anglia in Bloom judges what a high standard Lowestoft gardeners have to offer,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'The judges are given a route set by the committee, we have to choose a route that ticks all the criteria boxes, as an example recycling. The route is timed, we have three hours give or take a few minutes.
'It is hard sometimes to sort a route to cover what they want, traffic being a problem, but, we manage to do it.'
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
Lowestoft in Bloom is a registered charity and is run by a small committee of dedicated members who all give their time freely and without reward.
To enter the competition, download the entry form from lowestoft.webplus.net or collect a form from the Lowestoft Journal office.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org