Fire at Lowestoft DIY store
Firefighters were called to a blaze at a DIY centre in Lowestoft on Saturday afternoon.Six fire crews were at the fire at Rushmere DIY, Newcombe Road, which started just after 12.30pm.
Firefighters spent more than an hour fighting a blaze at a DIY centre in Lowestoft on Saturday afternoon.
The fire at Rushmere DIY, on Newcombe Road, started just after 12.30pm. Two fire engines from Lowestoft were originally called to the scene, and four more arrived shortly after.
The fire, which is thought to have been in a single-storey timber building which is used as a wood store, was under control by 1.30pm and put out by 2pm.
Firefighters were at the scene for some time damping down the remaining timber and wood panels. Newcombe Road and Trinity Road were cordoned off by police.
You may also want to watch:
Rushmere is a timber merchants and DIY centre, selling concrete, fence panels, gates and sheds.
A fire service spokesman said that the crews had managed to prevent the flames from spreading to the adjacent buildings and had moved a large quantity of timber away from the fire.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 6 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 9 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency