Fire at Lowestoft DIY store
Firefighters were called to a blaze at a DIY centre in Lowestoft on Saturday afternoon.Six fire crews were at the fire at Rushmere DIY, Newcombe Road, which started just after 12.30pm.
Firefighters spent more than an hour fighting a blaze at a DIY centre in Lowestoft on Saturday afternoon.
The fire at Rushmere DIY, on Newcombe Road, started just after 12.30pm. Two fire engines from Lowestoft were originally called to the scene, and four more arrived shortly after.
The fire, which is thought to have been in a single-storey timber building which is used as a wood store, was under control by 1.30pm and put out by 2pm.
Firefighters were at the scene for some time damping down the remaining timber and wood panels. Newcombe Road and Trinity Road were cordoned off by police.
You may also want to watch:
Rushmere is a timber merchants and DIY centre, selling concrete, fence panels, gates and sheds.
A fire service spokesman said that the crews had managed to prevent the flames from spreading to the adjacent buildings and had moved a large quantity of timber away from the fire.
- 1 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 4 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid
- 5 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 6 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 7 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 8 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 9 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 10 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary