Fire at Lowestoft DIY store
Firefighters were called to a blaze at a DIY centre in Lowestoft on Saturday afternoon.Six fire crews were at the fire at Rushmere DIY, Newcombe Road, which started just after 12.30pm.
Firefighters spent more than an hour fighting a blaze at a DIY centre in Lowestoft on Saturday afternoon.
The fire at Rushmere DIY, on Newcombe Road, started just after 12.30pm. Two fire engines from Lowestoft were originally called to the scene, and four more arrived shortly after.
The fire, which is thought to have been in a single-storey timber building which is used as a wood store, was under control by 1.30pm and put out by 2pm.
Firefighters were at the scene for some time damping down the remaining timber and wood panels. Newcombe Road and Trinity Road were cordoned off by police.
You may also want to watch:
Rushmere is a timber merchants and DIY centre, selling concrete, fence panels, gates and sheds.
A fire service spokesman said that the crews had managed to prevent the flames from spreading to the adjacent buildings and had moved a large quantity of timber away from the fire.
- 1 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 2 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 5 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 6 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 9 Hunt for biker continues after cyclist seriously hurt in Lowestoft crash
- 10 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre