Search

Fire at restaurant

PUBLISHED: 11:45 15 January 2008 | UPDATED: 19:26 05 July 2010

Firefighters were called to a blaze at a restaurant in the centre of Lowestoft last night .

The fire broke out in the ground floor kitchen of The Curry House in High Street at just before 6.

Firefighters were called to a blaze at a restaurant in the centre of Lowestoft last night .

The fire broke out in the ground floor kitchen of The Curry House in High Street at just before 6.30pm.

A man aged about 30 suffered injuries at the scene and was taken to James Paget Hospital at Gorleston, although his condition was unclear.

Two crews from the Normanshurst Station brought the kitchen blaze under control within minutes and remained at the scene after a second fire broke out in the cellar.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal