Crews prevent shed blaze from spreading to house
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were on alert to battle a shed fire on a residential street - just before it spread to a nearby house.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called at 8.48am this morning to reports of a fire at a property on Constable Close, off Lakeland Drive, in Lowestoft.
Two crews were mobilised from Lowestoft South Fire Station and arrived to find a shed well alight.
Firefighters subsequently tackled the blaze, which had been in danger of spreading to the ground floor of the house, before dampening down and ensuring that the scene was safe.
The property is understood to be owned by Waveney District Council, who sent a housing officer to the property to assess whether relocation of the occupier was necessary. However, it was deemed to be habitable and there was no need to rehouse anyone.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the cause of the fire will be carried out in due course.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'