Crews prevent shed blaze from spreading to house
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were on alert to battle a shed fire on a residential street - just before it spread to a nearby house.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called at 8.48am this morning to reports of a fire at a property on Constable Close, off Lakeland Drive, in Lowestoft.
Two crews were mobilised from Lowestoft South Fire Station and arrived to find a shed well alight.
Firefighters subsequently tackled the blaze, which had been in danger of spreading to the ground floor of the house, before dampening down and ensuring that the scene was safe.
The property is understood to be owned by Waveney District Council, who sent a housing officer to the property to assess whether relocation of the occupier was necessary. However, it was deemed to be habitable and there was no need to rehouse anyone.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the cause of the fire will be carried out in due course.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 6 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 7 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 8 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 9 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him