Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch

clifton road

A fire crew from Lowestoft South was called to Clifton Road this afternoon. - Credit: Google Maps

A fire crew was called out this afternoon in Lowestoft after a child became stuck in a locked room with a faulty latch.

One crew from Lowestoft South fire station were called at 12.30pm this afternoon (August 3) to Clifton Road in Lowestoft.

A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service attended a property on Clifton Road in Lowestoft after a child had become stuck in a locked room on the first floor of the property as a result of a faulty latch.

"The attending crew used small gear to gain entry into the room."

A stop message was then received at 12.58pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter