Fire crews called to first floor flat blaze in Lowestoft
- Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station
Fire crews in Lowestoft were called to a first floor flat blaze.
One crew from Lowestoft North fire station and one crew from Lowestoft South fire station were called to the first floor flat on Trafalgar Street in Lowestoft on July 7 at 4.43pm.
Reassurance had to be given to a little girl nearby that she, her family and cuddly toys would be safe thanks to the work of the fire fighters.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: "Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service attended a first floor flat fire at a property on Trafalgar Street in Lowestoft.
"Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire and assisted in ventilating the property.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews also conducted searches around neighbouring properties to ensure neither the fire nor smoke had spread."
A stop message was then received at 5.30pm.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft