Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- Credit: Mick Howes
Fire fighters were called to Cefas in Lowestoft yesterday (June 21) after a battery overheated.
There were reports of smoke and two crews from Lowestoft South fire station were called as well as one from Wrentham at 6.05pm to the premises on Pakefield Road.
An overheated battery was discovered on the first floor and fire fighters worked for almost two hours making the area safe.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: "Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science laboratory in Lowestoft after reports of smoke.
"Upon inspection, the smoke was coming from an overheated battery.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews worked to ventilate the first floor and make the area safe."
A stop message was received at 7.46pm.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 6 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency