Crews tackle massive fire at Suffolk farm
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have control of a fire at a dairy farm near Beccles.
The fire, at Great Common Farm, Top Road, Ilketshall St Andrew, near Beccles, is under control and affected a complex of farm buildings.
Three large sheds have borne the brunt of the damage with the roof and interior of one barn badly damaged by the flames with a large bundle of straw also on fire at one point.
All of the cows related to the farm are safe, with the Environment Agency on the way to help the farm owner with the aftermath of the blaze.
Top Road is shut until further notice to allow for fire crews to shuttle to water supply sources to continue battling the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A fire spokesman at the scene said the incident is scaling down at this point and firefighters are in the process of dampening down the affected buildings with everything in the process of being brought to a safe conclusion.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue service said 10 fire crews were called to the incident from Lowestoft South, Lowestoft North, Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth, Southwold, Leiston, Woodbridge, Loddon and Gorleston.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
Police are on the scene helping with traffic control.