Crews tackle massive fire at Suffolk farm
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have control of a fire at a dairy farm near Beccles.
The fire, at Great Common Farm, Top Road, Ilketshall St Andrew, near Beccles, is under control and affected a complex of farm buildings.
Three large sheds have borne the brunt of the damage with the roof and interior of one barn badly damaged by the flames with a large bundle of straw also on fire at one point.
All of the cows related to the farm are safe, with the Environment Agency on the way to help the farm owner with the aftermath of the blaze.
Top Road is shut until further notice to allow for fire crews to shuttle to water supply sources to continue battling the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A fire spokesman at the scene said the incident is scaling down at this point and firefighters are in the process of dampening down the affected buildings with everything in the process of being brought to a safe conclusion.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue service said 10 fire crews were called to the incident from Lowestoft South, Lowestoft North, Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth, Southwold, Leiston, Woodbridge, Loddon and Gorleston.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
Police are on the scene helping with traffic control.