Crews tackle massive fire at Suffolk farm
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have control of a fire at a dairy farm near Beccles.
The fire, at Great Common Farm, Top Road, Ilketshall St Andrew, near Beccles, is under control and affected a complex of farm buildings.
Three large sheds have borne the brunt of the damage with the roof and interior of one barn badly damaged by the flames with a large bundle of straw also on fire at one point.
All of the cows related to the farm are safe, with the Environment Agency on the way to help the farm owner with the aftermath of the blaze.
Top Road is shut until further notice to allow for fire crews to shuttle to water supply sources to continue battling the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A fire spokesman at the scene said the incident is scaling down at this point and firefighters are in the process of dampening down the affected buildings with everything in the process of being brought to a safe conclusion.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue service said 10 fire crews were called to the incident from Lowestoft South, Lowestoft North, Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth, Southwold, Leiston, Woodbridge, Loddon and Gorleston.
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday
Police are on the scene helping with traffic control.