Search

Guests evacuated after kitchen blaze at hotel and holiday park

PUBLISHED: 10:19 06 September 2019 | UPDATED: 10:19 06 September 2019

Guests were evacuated from the Carlton Manor hotel after a morning kitchen fire. PHOTO: Nick Butcher

Guests were evacuated from the Carlton Manor hotel after a morning kitchen fire. PHOTO: Nick Butcher

©archant2017

Guests were evacuated early this morning after a fire at a hotel in Carlton Colville in Suffolk.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the Carlton Manor Hotel and holiday park, on Chapel Road, to extinguish the blaze.

Two crews from the Lowestoft South fire station were called to the Carlton Manor hotel and holiday park at 5.44am today, (Friday, September 6).

You may also want to watch:

The service had responded after a call was made reporting a kitchen fire.

A spokesperson for the hotel confirmed guests had to be evacuated after a fire this morning.

The fire was extinguished by 6.14am, and crews stood down shortly afterwards at 6.25am.

No one is believed to have been injured in the fire.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal