Five fire crews called to horse rescue stuck in ditch
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Five fire crews are currently trying to rescue a horse stuck in a ditch near Lowestoft.
Firefighters were called to the stuck animal just after 4pm this afternoon in Queens Highway.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "The horse is at a bit of an angle so crews are trying to stabilise the horse and get it on flatter ground and then attach lines to be able to pull it out."
The spokesman added that a vet is on route to assess the animal.
Appliances from Princes Street, north Lowestoft, and south Lowestoft were in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A 'stop' was called on the incident shortly after 5pm.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed