Fire crews evacuate two people from flat following blaze
- Credit: Archant
Two people had to be evacuated after a fire broke out in a flat.
Firefighters were called at 10.35am on Friday morning following reports of a blaze at a property on Fir Lane in Lowestoft.
Both crews from Lowestoft South Fire Station and one from Lowestoft North were mobilised. The East of England Ambulance Service also sent one ambulance and a rapid response vehicle.
Firefighters dealt with the blaze and assisted with the evacuation of two people from the flat, who were cared for by paramedics but did not require further hospital treatment.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: 'We were called at 10.49am with reports of a fire in Fir Lane, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
'We sent one ambulance and a rapid response vehicle, however no-one required transport to hospital.'
The scene was considered safe by 11.04am, although fire crews remained on scene to ensure there were no further hotspots.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 New venture for 'beautiful' seafront B&B