Fire in Lowestoft flat
Hayley MaceA person was rescued from a burning flat by firefighters on Friday night.The person was rescued when firecrews were called to a flat above the Spar shop in Bridge Road, Lowestoft, jsut before 11pm.Hayley Mace
A person was rescued from a burning flat by firefighters on Friday night.
The person was rescued when firecrews were called to a flat above the Spar shop in Bridge Road, Lowestoft.
Initially three firecrews were called to the scene at just before 11pm but additional crews were later requested.
Firecrews from Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth, Ipswich, Beccles and Normanshurst attended the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokeswoman said the two storey building consisted of a ground floor and first floor flat and was 'well alight'' when firefighters arrived.
The spokeswoman added that all persons had been accounted for but firefighters were still tackling the blaze.
- 1 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 2 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 3 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 4 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 5 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 6 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 7 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Man charged following early morning burglary attempt
- 9 'We didn't get fair hearing' - Care group's anger at new home refusal
- 10 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
Last night, a police spokeswoman said officers were at the scene but the fire was not being treated as suspicious.