Search

'Fire' turns out to be cooking fumes

PUBLISHED: 18:03 09 April 2009 | UPDATED: 08:48 06 July 2010

FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.

Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.

FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.

Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.45pm.

When they got to Kirkley Cliff Road it was determined that the fumes spotted by an emergency caller were in fact the result of food preparation.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal