'Fire' turns out to be cooking fumes
FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.
FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.
Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.45pm.
When they got to Kirkley Cliff Road it was determined that the fumes spotted by an emergency caller were in fact the result of food preparation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 5 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft