'Fire' turns out to be cooking fumes
FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.
FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.
Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.45pm.
When they got to Kirkley Cliff Road it was determined that the fumes spotted by an emergency caller were in fact the result of food preparation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk