'Fire' turns out to be cooking fumes
FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.
FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.
Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.45pm.
When they got to Kirkley Cliff Road it was determined that the fumes spotted by an emergency caller were in fact the result of food preparation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Junction closed for third crossing preparations