'Fire' turns out to be cooking fumes
FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.
FIREFIGHTERS today responded to reports of a house fire in Lowestoft but on arrival found only fumes caused by cooking.
Fire crews were alerted to what turned out to be a false alarm at 12.45pm.
When they got to Kirkley Cliff Road it was determined that the fumes spotted by an emergency caller were in fact the result of food preparation.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 2 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 3 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 6 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 7 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 8 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue