Firefighters battle clifftop blaze that caused road closures
- Credit: Google
Firefighters have been battling a blaze that spread across an acre of land along cliffs in Lowestoft.
Emergency services were called at 5.39pm to reports of a fire at Gunton Cliffs in the Suffolk town on Wednesday evening.
Four appliances from north Lowestoft and south Lowestoft stations attended the scene.
The fire spread across an acre of clifftop.
Police were also called to the incident and closed two roads, Links Road and Gunton Drive, from 6.43pm.
The stop message was sent at 6.34pm but fire crews remain on scene dampening down the area.
The closed roads reopened at 7.03pm.
- 1 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 2 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 3 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 4 'You're not Steve McQueen' - Vehicles reported for anti-social driving
- 5 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 6 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 7 ‘Accessible to everyone:' Special party highlights new beach huts
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery
- 10 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
No casualties have been reported and the cause of the fire isn't yet known.