Firefighters called to incidents in Lound and Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have been kept busy with two call-outs to minor blazes.
On Sunday, July 9, four engines and a Unimog support vehicle attended a blaze in a standing crop field on Jay Lane in Lound.
Having been called to the scene at 4.36pm, firefighters remained on site for approximately an hour in order to put out hot spots so that further fires would not occur.
Two engines were also called to a small house fire on Hollingsworth Road in Lowestoft this morning (Tuesday, July 11).
Crews received reports of a blaze at 9.16am and attended the scene, where they used tactical ventilation to bring the fire under control by 10.05am.
You may also want to watch:
No people were harmed in the incident.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary