Firefighters called to incidents in Lound and Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have been kept busy with two call-outs to minor blazes.
On Sunday, July 9, four engines and a Unimog support vehicle attended a blaze in a standing crop field on Jay Lane in Lound.
Having been called to the scene at 4.36pm, firefighters remained on site for approximately an hour in order to put out hot spots so that further fires would not occur.
Two engines were also called to a small house fire on Hollingsworth Road in Lowestoft this morning (Tuesday, July 11).
Crews received reports of a blaze at 9.16am and attended the scene, where they used tactical ventilation to bring the fire under control by 10.05am.
You may also want to watch:
No people were harmed in the incident.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021