Search

Firefighters quash ceiling fan fire in Pontins chalet

PUBLISHED: 15:36 12 June 2018

The fire service were called to Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park. Photo: Denise Bradley

The fire service were called to Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park. Photo: Denise Bradley

Archant

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a fan in her Pontins chalet burst into flames.

The fire, which started in a ceiling fan of one of Pontins’ Pakefield Holiday Park chalets, was stopped quickly after firefighters cut away part of the ceiling to prevent the fire from spreading.

The fire started in a bathroom fan with Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service getting the call at 5.15pm with a stop called at around 5.30pm.

A spokesman for the East of England ambulance service said: “We sent a rapid response unit to the incident. We treated a woman in her 30s for smoke inhalation but she was released without needing to go to hospital.”

Pontins were contacted but did not wish to comment.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal