Firefighters quash ceiling fan fire in Pontins chalet
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a fan in her Pontins chalet burst into flames.
The fire, which started in a ceiling fan of one of Pontins' Pakefield Holiday Park chalets, was stopped quickly after firefighters cut away part of the ceiling to prevent the fire from spreading.
The fire started in a bathroom fan with Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service getting the call at 5.15pm with a stop called at around 5.30pm.
A spokesman for the East of England ambulance service said: 'We sent a rapid response unit to the incident. We treated a woman in her 30s for smoke inhalation but she was released without needing to go to hospital.'
Pontins were contacted but did not wish to comment.