Firefighters tackle Birds Eye blaze
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft spent an hour tackling a blaze at one of the town's largest employers.Around 25 firefighters were called to the Birds Eye/Unilever factory on Saturday afternoon.
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft spent an hour tackling a blaze at one of the town's largest employers.
Around 25 firefighters were called to the Birds Eye/Unilever factory on Saturday afternoon.
Three crews from Normanshurst station and a further crew from Clifton Road were sent to the building on Whapload Road at around 3.10pm.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: “We were called to a fire in waste cooking oil drums.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters removed all the insulation from the outside of the cylinders, and wearing breathing apparatus, they spent an hour putting the fire out using one hose reel.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk