Firefighters tackle reed bed blaze
DOZENS of firefighters have tackled a large blaze along the north Suffolk coast.Fire ravaged reed beds along the Easton Bavents seafront, just north of Southwold on Tuesday evening.
DOZENS of firefighters have tackled a large blaze along the north Suffolk coast.
Fire ravaged reed beds along the Easton Bavents seafront, just north of Southwold on Tuesday evening.
At about 7pm on Tuesday a large blaze broke out among eight acres of the beds and dozens of firefighters were called to the scene to tackle the flames.
The Suffolk police helicopter was also mobilised to identify hotspots in the fight to put out the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was brought under control by 12.45am on Wednesday morning.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise