Fishing match to be held on South Pier to mark its reopening in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The first fishing match to be held since the South Pier reopened, will take place tomorrow (Saturday) from 9am-1pm.
Run by the Lowestoft Sea Anglian Society, the draw will be made at 8.30am at the Lifeboat station.
Competitors pay £3 to enter plus a £2 optional pool.
A raffle will also be held on the day with all proceeds going towards the 'Keeping the South Pier Open Fund'.
Visitors are reminded that parking on the pier is not available.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Paul Willis on 07768463644
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 8 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 9 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft