Fishing match to be held on South Pier to mark its reopening in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The first fishing match to be held since the South Pier reopened, will take place tomorrow (Saturday) from 9am-1pm.
Run by the Lowestoft Sea Anglian Society, the draw will be made at 8.30am at the Lifeboat station.
Competitors pay £3 to enter plus a £2 optional pool.
A raffle will also be held on the day with all proceeds going towards the 'Keeping the South Pier Open Fund'.
Visitors are reminded that parking on the pier is not available.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Paul Willis on 07768463644
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Stranded fishing vessel towed to safety by lifeboats