Five minutes of reasoning
I SEARCHED the net expecting to find a political motive for Marian Blowers letter (August 21) asking 'How dare Daniel Hannan criticise our NHS … which is the envy of the world.
I SEARCHED the net expecting to find a political motive for Marian Blowers letter (August 21) asking 'How dare Daniel Hannan criticise our NHS … which is the envy of the world.'
I believe now it was a heartfelt thank you for her personal experiences of the NHS; but the media and the Conservative party leadership reaction to his rather short and shallow interview by Sean Hannity on USA television, which can be found at http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539273,00.htm, was way out of proportion with his only substantial comments and was much less honourably based.
He said, in effect, that a health service and social security system based on the British pattern will, during this economic downturn, bankrupt the UK to the level of Zimbabwe within a few years or so and would similarly precipitate failure of the USA economy if any similar system were adopted there. He also suggested that we might, or should, change to a more democratic European model, as have the eastern block countries of the EU. This would broaden the range of democratic choice of health care that could be available without the heavy prescriptive hand of government.
I believe all of our political parties and media should have heeded these words or at least taken the time to listen to this brief five minute interview and give him the respect he deserves for being a rather singular honest and far sighted Conservative, or even British voice, in the EU Parliament.
You may also want to watch:
I trust him much more than any the Europhiles of the three parties in Westminster or Brussels who are determined to destroy our Parliamentary democracy for the sake of personal power without responsibility.
While you search the net you might find I am a UKIP'er sharing honesty and many Euro-sceptic views with Daniel Hannan; you will not see how much I had to pay for my Birmingham hip repair to enable me to continue working, nor the list of drugs, nor choice of care with medical attention that are not available for one of my relations who is terminally ill.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown