Fire breaks out in Lowestoft flat

hollingsworth road fire

Fire crews on Hollingsworth Road - Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station

A fire broke out in a flat in Lowestoft in the early hours of this morning. 

Suffolk Fire and Rescue received a call for a property in Hollingsworth Road at 5am on Wednesday, September 8.

Two crews from Lowestoft South Fire Station went to the flat after the alert came from an automatic fire alarm.

A spokesperson for Suffolk County Council said the fire was believed to have started on the ground floor and was electrical in nature.

hollingsworth road fire

Fire crews on Hollingsworth Road - Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station

The fire was out by 7.17am, with all people accounted for.

Crews used a hose, a jet, and a fan to extinguish the flame.

A crew from the East of England Ambulance Service were also in attendance. 

Most Read

This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in. 


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter