Fire breaks out in Lowestoft flat
- Credit: Lowestoft South Fire Station
A fire broke out in a flat in Lowestoft in the early hours of this morning.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue received a call for a property in Hollingsworth Road at 5am on Wednesday, September 8.
Two crews from Lowestoft South Fire Station went to the flat after the alert came from an automatic fire alarm.
A spokesperson for Suffolk County Council said the fire was believed to have started on the ground floor and was electrical in nature.
The fire was out by 7.17am, with all people accounted for.
Crews used a hose, a jet, and a fan to extinguish the flame.
A crew from the East of England Ambulance Service were also in attendance.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 4 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 5 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 6 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.