Flat fire tackled by crews in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Firefighters from Lowestoft quickly dealt with a blaze at a flat in the town.
The fire broke out at a home in Thurston Road at around 6pm last night (Friday), with initial reports that there was believed to be people inside the flat. However, this was not the case.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said that three fire engines were sent to the scene, however one crew was stood down before they arrived at the home.
'All persons were accounted for,' the brigade spokesman said.
Crews from North Lowestoft and Lowestoft South fire stations attended the blaze and used breathing apparatus, a hose reel and jet to put out the flames.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was quickly under control with the scene cleared by 6.26pm.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft