Flat fire tackled by crews in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Firefighters from Lowestoft quickly dealt with a blaze at a flat in the town.
The fire broke out at a home in Thurston Road at around 6pm last night (Friday), with initial reports that there was believed to be people inside the flat. However, this was not the case.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said that three fire engines were sent to the scene, however one crew was stood down before they arrived at the home.
'All persons were accounted for,' the brigade spokesman said.
Crews from North Lowestoft and Lowestoft South fire stations attended the blaze and used breathing apparatus, a hose reel and jet to put out the flames.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was quickly under control with the scene cleared by 6.26pm.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted