Flavours of the Summer are showcased in north Suffolk
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Tips and treats for all the family have attracted the crowds to north Suffolk as a popular festival shines at a new location.
Organisers of the Flavours of Summer food and drink festival hailed the success of this year's opening day as people flocked to Henham Park, near Southwold.
With dozens of top food and drink producers and retailers all in one place, organisers were thrilled with the new location – and the responses from the exhibitors and visitors.
Speaking after the opening day, Melissa Purnell, director of Flavours Of...Ltd, said: 'The weather has been great, we have about 60 exhibitors here and we had a great turnout on Saturday and we are expecting more tomorrow (on Sunday).'
With something for all the family promised, the festival features food and drink stalls for visitors, with the chance to sample products and tantalise those tastebuds, in addition to learning some tricks of the culinary trade at two live cookery theatres.
You may also want to watch:
The event continues today (Sunday), until 5pm, at Henham Barns on the Henham Park estate.
SEE THIS WEEK'S EDITION FOR MORE FROM THE FESTIVAL
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 5 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 8 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 9 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 10 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner