Flood alert in place across Waveney
- Credit: Archant
Much of Waveney is at risk of flooding until lunchtime today.
The Environment Agency has issued a flood alert for the tidal River Waveney from Ellingham, near Bungay, to Breydon Water near Great Yarmouth.
The alert says there is a possibility of minor flooding to riverside roads and footpaths.
An agency spokesman said: 'We are not currently expecting the situation to escalate, or to issue any further warning messages for this area at this time.'
Members of the public are advised to take care when using waterside roads and footpaths, and to avoid putting themselves in unnecessary danger.
You may also want to watch:
Further updates will be issued by the Environment Agency in due course.
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son