Flood alerts issued for Lowestoft and Southwold
- Credit: PA
High tide levels forecast for tonight have prompted the Environment Agency to issue flood alerts for Lowestoft and Southwold.
A statement from the agency said: 'We are expecting high tide levels on the Norfolk and Suffolk Coast, this is due to a tidal surge expected to continue for the next few days.'
It added the forecast high water was due at Lowestoft at 11.15pm on Friday.
The alerts are in force for Southwold and the stretch of coast from Lowestoft to Bawdsey.
They are the lowest grade of warning the Environment Agency issues, advising that flooding is possible and encouraging people to be prepared.
You may also want to watch:
Call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 for more.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van