Flood alerts issued for Lowestoft and Southwold
- Credit: PA
High tide levels forecast for tonight have prompted the Environment Agency to issue flood alerts for Lowestoft and Southwold.
A statement from the agency said: 'We are expecting high tide levels on the Norfolk and Suffolk Coast, this is due to a tidal surge expected to continue for the next few days.'
It added the forecast high water was due at Lowestoft at 11.15pm on Friday.
The alerts are in force for Southwold and the stretch of coast from Lowestoft to Bawdsey.
They are the lowest grade of warning the Environment Agency issues, advising that flooding is possible and encouraging people to be prepared.
You may also want to watch:
Call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 for more.
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 5 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 6 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 7 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted