Florence and The Machine to headline Latitude Festival
BRIT award-winner Florence and The Machine is among the headliners at this year's Latitude Festival, it has been announced.The pop and indie songtress will play the Obelisk Arena on the Friday night when the event returns to the Henham Park Estate, Southwold, for a fifth year, from July 15-18.
BRIT award-winner Florence and The Machine is among the headliners at this year's Latitude Festival, it has been announced.
The pop and indie songtress will play the Obelisk Arena on the Friday night when the event returns to the Henham Park Estate, Southwold, for a fifth year, from July 15-18.
Other music acts performing at the arena this year include Empire of the Sun on Friday, Belle and Sebastian on the Saturday and Vampire Weekend on the Sunday.
Over on the Word Arena will be Grizzly Bear on the Friday, The National on Saturday and The xx on the Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Starting out as a small gathering in 2006, Latitude has become a firm favourite with festival-goers who were feverishly counting down to tonight's ticket sales launch.
Over the last four years it has cherry-picked the very best from the worlds of music, theatre, comedy, literature, film, poetry, dance, fashion and cabaret and incorporated into it all one weekend - making it a festival like no other.
- 1 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 2 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 3 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 6 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 7 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 8 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 9 Fire fighters called to school after solar panel convertor fire
- 10 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
Thanks to its inaugural success, tickets for subsequent years sold out fast and this year looks like being no exception.
Wowing cabaret lovers this year will be Rich Fulcher - An Evening with Eleanor the Tour Whore (USA), Laura Solon, Idiots of Ants, Cardinal Burns, Duckie and The Crack.
Theatrical entertainment will come from The Opera Group - Into the Little Hill, Lyric Hammersmith, Liverpool Everyman in association with Paines Plough's presentation of Tiny Volcanoes by Laurence Wilson, the RSC, Shatterbox Theatre Co and a Latitude premier in the shape of Led Enfant Terribles - The Vaudevillians.
David Nicholls, Adam Foulds, Samantha Harvey, 5 x 15, Natasha Walter, Jane Bussman and Louise Stern will quench fans' thirst for literature; while film and music will be taken care of by Mark Lamarr's Gods Jukebox: Geno Washington, The Jim Jones Revue, Rix MC's presentation of MICroscope, James Rhodes, Adam Buxton's Bug and Popcorn Comedy.
Tickets for this year's Latitude are now on sale. Visit the Latitude website for more details.