Who is responsible for dumping so much rubbish on this land?
- Credit: Archant
Mystery surrounds a patch of land which is completely covered in masses of fly-tipped waste.
The site, which can be seen by walking down the historic Maltsters Score off Lowestoft High Street, is covered in rubbish including a gym bench, discarded shopping trolley and a tent.
Among the other items are an old fridge, clothing and sleeping bags, while several shards of broken glass are scattered across the grass and undergrowth.
Business owners on High Street and Whapload Road, from which the land is visible, say the waste has been there for several months and has been steadily building.
The land sits behind three unoccupied business premises and is thought to be privately owned. Waveney District Council says it is currently trying to establish who is responsible for it before taking further action.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre