Foot care delays in Yarmouth and Waveney
Delays in foot care are still the biggest cause of complaints about health services in Yarmouth and Waveney.There have been staff shortages leading to long waiting times for podiatry, although NHS Yarmouth and Waveney has now recruited more staff.
Delays in foot care are still the biggest cause of complaints about health services in Yarmouth and Waveney.
There have been staff shortages leading to long waiting times for podiatry, although NHS Yarmouth and Waveney has now recruited more staff.
The board meeting on Wednesday heard that four of the 19 formal complaints made about primary care - which does not include hospital treatment - in the last three months were about long waiting times for podiatry. And one councillor suggested that there had many more unhappy people.
Complaints manager Liz Muniandy said: "There has been a problem over the last year. Progress has been made but as posts are recruited to more people leave, and so on. My understanding as December is that we had one vacancy but a person had been recruited and was waiting to start."
You may also want to watch:
Shirley Weymouth, councillor for Winterton and Somerton, said: "I have received so many complaints constantly in my ward about podiatry. A lot of people are going privately to have their feet seen to."
Laura James, head of the professional executive committee, said that innovative ways were being tried to recruit podiatrists. The problems are expected to be resolved in the next six months.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?