Former Lowestoft Carnival Queen to attend prestigious acting school in Scotland
A FORMER Lowestoft Carnival Queen has secured a place at prestigious acting school in Scotland.
Charlotte Barker overcame a gruelling eight-hour audition to become one of 20 students selected for the BA Acting degree at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
The 21-year-old, who attended Kirkley High School and East Norfolk Sixth Form College, will follow in the footsteps of illustrious-acting talent such as former Doctor Who David Tennant, Atonement star James McAvoy and Colin Morgan, from BBC fantasy drama Merlin, who also studied at the drama school.
Speaking to The Journal, she said: 'Comedy and film are my main passions, to work in either of these areas professionally is my main goal.'
Charlotte first showed an interest in performance when she appeared at the Marina Theatre aged three with the June Glennie School of Dance.
You may also want to watch:
But it was not until she started studing Drama at GCSE, and attending the Seagull Theatre Youth Group, Pakefield and the Dusmagrik, Gorleston, that she realised it would become her chosen career path.
At present, Charlotte works at the Spar shop in Oulton Broad where she is raising funds to pay for her degree.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 6 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 7 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 8 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 9 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020