Former Lowestoft man charged with murder
A FORMER Lowestoft man was among those charged with murder this week following the discovery of a body at a flat in Ipswich on Christmas Day.
The body of Martin Edwards, 45, was found at his home in Pipers Court, Old Foundry Road, by a neighbour at about 11.30am.
Later that day, four people were arrested and other properties in Ipswich were also examined by police.
After being questioned by detectives from Norfolk and Suffolk's major investigation team, three men were charged on Tuesday night, and they subsequently appeared before Ipswich magistrates on Wednesday.
Christopher Page, 37, of Piper's Court in Old Foundry Road - who 'previously lived' in Lowestoft, according to police - was charged with murder along with Patrick Heggarty, 51, of Limerick Close, Ipswich and Timothy Bailey, 28, of Spring Road, Ipswich. They were all remanded in custody and the case was sent to Ipswich Crown Court for a hearing, which was due to be heard on Thursday. No applications for bail were made.
You may also want to watch:
The charge, read out in court, was 'on or about the 24th of December, murdered Martin Edwards.'
A 36-year-old Ipswich woman was also arrested by police on suspicion of murder, and she has been released on police bail until March 9.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 5 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 9 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
Results of a preliminary post mortem test have shown Mr Edwards died from multiple injuries.