Former Lowestoft man charged with murder
A FORMER Lowestoft man was among those charged with murder this week following the discovery of a body at a flat in Ipswich on Christmas Day.
The body of Martin Edwards, 45, was found at his home in Pipers Court, Old Foundry Road, by a neighbour at about 11.30am.
Later that day, four people were arrested and other properties in Ipswich were also examined by police.
After being questioned by detectives from Norfolk and Suffolk's major investigation team, three men were charged on Tuesday night, and they subsequently appeared before Ipswich magistrates on Wednesday.
Christopher Page, 37, of Piper's Court in Old Foundry Road - who 'previously lived' in Lowestoft, according to police - was charged with murder along with Patrick Heggarty, 51, of Limerick Close, Ipswich and Timothy Bailey, 28, of Spring Road, Ipswich. They were all remanded in custody and the case was sent to Ipswich Crown Court for a hearing, which was due to be heard on Thursday. No applications for bail were made.
You may also want to watch:
The charge, read out in court, was 'on or about the 24th of December, murdered Martin Edwards.'
A 36-year-old Ipswich woman was also arrested by police on suspicion of murder, and she has been released on police bail until March 9.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
Results of a preliminary post mortem test have shown Mr Edwards died from multiple injuries.