Chance to meet former Olympian at library event
- Credit: Steve Adams
Athletics fans will have the opportunity to meet one of Britain's finest long-distance runners of all time at Lowestoft Library.
As part of Suffolk Libraries' 'Sporting Memories' series, Paul Evans will be at the library from 10.30am to 12.15pm on Thursday, January 17, to offer sporting insight and delve into his career highlights.
Having started out as a promising footballer with a remarkable engine, Mr Evans finally took up running at the age of 25 and became a member of the City of Norwich Athletics Club.
He went on to compete in the 10,000m final at both the 1992 Barcelona Olympics and 1996 Atlanta games, but his most impressive performances came on the road.
Mr Evans can boast victory in the 1996 Chicago Marathon, as well as a second-place finish in the New York Marathon and third in the London Marathon.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event are free and refreshments will be provided.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021