Former social worker from Southwold facing jail after admitting string of child sex offences
- Credit: PA
A former social worker convicted of abusing children over a 10-year period faces a 'considerable' jail term.
Jonathan Button, 62, formerly of Hotson Road, Southwold, is charged with 25 sexual offences against children occurring over 10 years.
He pleaded guilty to nine of the offences – one count of indecency with a child, three counts of indecent assault, four counts of sexual activity and one count of serious sexual assault.
The remaining 16 charges will lie on file after counsels from both defence and prosecution spoke to the complainants.
King's Lynn Crown Court heard the offences took place between 1999 and 2009 with one of the children just eight years old.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Recorder Gallagher told Button he will face jail time of 'considerable length' and will be on the sex offenders register for life.
Button will be sentenced in Cambridge Crown Court on August 25.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy